Saturday, June 20, 2009

Father's Day Minus My Father

Robert and I will be traveling "home" today for Father's Day. We are from the same town, so it is very convenient to go home for the holidays. I am excited to see my family as well as his, but I'm also very aware that this is my first Father's Day without my dad. There is not a day that goes by that I don't think of him. If only I could talk to him (and he talk back) one more time. I am just so blessed that he was able to be at my wedding and walk me down the aisle. I just hate that he will never see me pregnant or meet my children.

Okay, enough of my sad story. I just hope I can hold it together this weekend. I hate breaking down in front of everyone.



1 comment:

  1. My Leah, I pray for your strength daily to deal with passing of your father. I know I really can't relate right now (in some ways...we can talk about that later) but I want you to know that I'm so proud of you for handling and making it through this father's day holiday. I thought about you that weekend but I didn't want to mention it because I didn't want you to get upset. I know no one could ever replace your daddy so I hope that you think and dwell on the good and happy times that you all shared. Also know daddy is not missing a thing...he's sitting in heaven watching and smiling in awe of his little girl become a wonderful lady. I love you Leah even though distance seperates us, you are still my sister forever!

    ReplyDelete