Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Sea of Monsters

Okay, so I figured I would go ahead and read the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series since it was already overdue at the library. I seriously read it in one sitting. This books are so entertaining!

Percy and his friend Annabeth return to Half-blood camp for the summer. When they get there, the camp is in shambles. Monsters are attacking the campers and Percy's favorite teacher, Chiron has been fired. The magic protecting the camp has be compromised. The tree holding one of Zues's daughter, Thalia is dying. This tree is the main protection for camp. If it dies, the demigod will no longer be safe. Percy and his friends are set off to find the one magic thing that can save the future for all demigods.

This book was awesome! It had lots of twists and turns that kept me interested. I have fallen in love with the characters. I love how new characters were introduced and we got to visit with old characters. Riordan does and amazing job with introducing monsters and gods from mythology. I learn so much more about mythology than I ever knew. I can't wait to pick up the next book from the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment