Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Tangled


I've read a couple of Carolyn Mackler books in the past, so I thought I'd give this one a try too. After reading Shutter Island, I thought I'd dig into something light and fluffy.


Jena, Dakota, Skye, and Owen are all at the Paradise resort in the Caribbean. During this vacation, their lives will become tangled like none of the can ever predict. Jena is a bubbly, insecure girl who is looking for love. Dakota is a bad boy whose past will affect his future. Skye is a beautiful actress with a dark secret. Owen is a shy boy who only opens up on his blog. Four months after it begins, none of them will ever be the same.


This book was written from four points of view. I liked being able to learn about each character separately, and I liked each storyline, but I felt like there was something missing. I was really excited once I realized that I would get to read every one's POV and I couldn't wait until the end when it all came together. The problem is, it never really came together like I think it could have. This wasn't Mackler's best work, but it wasn't her worst either. I gave this book 3.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment