Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Dark Divine

This book by Bree Dispain has gotten some recent buzz on the interwebs. I looked it up on Goodreads and the cover was so pretty that I decided to check it out. I rarely read the synopsis of the book until I'm already reading said book. I know, I'm backwards like that. Anyway, I had no idea what this book was about when I checked it out.

Grace Divine is the daughter of a pastor. She is a good student. sister, friend, and Christian. Three years ago, something horrible happened to her brother Jude. She knows that his ex-best friend, Daniel, has something to do with the secret that Jude is hiding, after all, Daniel's been missing for the pass three years. One day, the troubled Daniel shows up in their lives again. Jude makes Grace promise to stay away from Daniel, but she can no longer deny her attraction to him. Grace must learn what Daniel's dark secret is and once she does, it will change her life forever.


I finished this book at 2am, and I am still unsure about how I feel about it. I enjoyed the first half, but the ending was a little off. It wasn't rushed, but it didn't seem complete either. That probably makes no sense to you, but that's just it. It didn't really make sense. Usually I can tell by the ending of a book whether or not there will be a sequel, but with this one, I HAVE NO IDEA! So, I looked it up and there will be a sequel. It's a pretty good book despite the ending, so I plan on reading the next installment. Plus, I fell in love with Daniel, so I give it 3/5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment