Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Detox!

So, if you follow me on Twitter then you should know that I work out 5 days a week for multiple hours each day. I love working out, but I HATE eating right. I basically just work out so that I can eat whatever I want. Well, now it's time for a change. I have never weighed this much in my life, and my clothes just aren't fitting anymore. It's actually pretty depressing. A couple of weeks ago I started watching what I eat and trying to eat more smaller meals to boost my metabolism. Well, the scales just are not budging. I am getting really fed up. I've decided that it's time to make a change. I'm detoxing this week.

I've detoxed several times before. Robert and I always do the Fat Smash Detox. It is a 9 day detox that basically eliminates carbs, meats, and cheeses. Okay, it eliminates A LOT, so I guess I should tell you what I CAN eat.

I can eat the following:

All fruits (no avocados)
All veggies (no potatoes of course)
2 cups of brown rice/day
2 servings of low fat yogurt/day
All beans
Oatmeal (YUCK!)
Nonfat milk (double YUCK. I usually cheat on this part and use soy milk.)

I'm sure I'm leaving some things out, but this is basically what I eat when I do the detox. It's really good to cleanse your system and jump start your weight loss. Hopefully next week I'll be able to see and feel a change. I'll keep you updated and let you know how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. I might try this! I've been a lazy bum as far as working out goes, it would be nice to get a bit of a boost!

    ReplyDelete